There are dozens of reasons a person can turn in to a successful or great tenant. As a landlord some aspect you can spot early on in the relationship. Other issues can arise over time. Here is a list of questions to ask yourself.
- Does the tenant have pets?
- How long do you predict the tenant will stay?
- How is the tenant’s overall sound level? Do neighbors ever complain?
- Has the tenant left damage at exit of previous location?
- Is the unit kept clean?
- Do you observe damage in unit?
- How much is the tenant paying for rent? What percentage of their income?
- Has the tenant sublet without permission?
- Did the tenant leave utilities unpaid?
- Has tenant skipped a rent payment?
- Is the tenant currently employed?
All people deserve an opportunity to be a great tenant.